no input other than to send lots of feel better soon wishes your way.
Well, thank you for well-wishes, at least.
(And it's not like I have TIME for any of the others, anyway! What was I thinking?![g])
1 - The Bicycle Thief by Vittorio De Sica
2 - Baudolino by Umberto Eco
3 - The Saw Doctors
4 - Farmount
5 - Flat Ginger Ale
6 - http://www.hertzmann.com/
(for when you're feeling better)
1) Jesus of Montreal (subtitled, not dubbed)
2) Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
5) Angel hair pasta in a rose sauce with chicken or seafood
2004-03-04 01:53 am (UTC)
Hope You Feel Better...
...but in the mean time, be entertained by my answers! They suck!
I recommend to thee...
1. Wag the Dog...also known as Fox News Channel
2. The Last Juror by John Grisham (Only halfway through it myself, and it's much better than some of his more recent efforts. IT reminds me of A Painted House, only set on the eve of desegregation in rural Mississippi. Though, since it's so bloody small, just wait for the paperback.)
3. Sleeping Awake, POD, from The Matrix Reloaded: The Album Disc One
4. ...the only people I actively read are you and Ferrett, so no help here.
5. SOYLENT GREEN!
6. www.illwillpress.com (Some damn funny flash movies. I highly recommend Almost Serious Suicide, www.illwillpress.com/suicide.html)
Hello!! Wishing you to feel much better!!
1. Movie - Radio I'm a sucker for a true story, and this one touched my heart.
2. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - James Patterson ... I never would have expected this depth from any male writer, but he pulled this one off... an incredible story of mother love.
3. Soundtrack - Out of Africa... One of the most soothing and relaxing pieces I own... On a bad day, it calms my jangled nerves.
4. Oil_paint03 - I have a terrible crush on him, he's a lovely poet and he's extremely intelligent in real life... if he'll just let others read!
5. I'm afriad it isn't very exciting, but I'd say some nice applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a piece of toast.
Hope this pleases!
eah, "Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up..."
1. Hudson Hawk
2. Perdido Street, by China Mieville
3. Playing Cards With Judas, by Sarah Slean
5. chicken rice soup
From the point fo view of an amused fangirl of japanese popular culture.
1. Moon Child. (Completely pointless. But fun to watch two jpop stars struggle to speak in chinese, and two jpop/cpop turned actors survive through the worst script by the second jpop star... who has the starring role... and can't act... it's fun! really. I swear. )
2. JTHM. Johny the homicidal maniac. Great art work and fairly wordy for a comic book. A light read for the bathroom. And amusing n the gothy angsty gloomy kinda way.
3. Kagrra. Audio samples from every single and album can be found on website. Turn up your sound. Mix of traditional japanese music and rock. http://www.pscompany.co.jp/kagrra/
4. Worth reading? Dunno. But aside form the drama to be found, the livejournal community Fruits (Japanese street fashion), always has samples of some of the weirdest and most amusing, oftimes Good, fashions out of japan and interpriteded by american fans of the genre.
5. Alfredo sauce lezanga..erm however you spell it.. with chiken and assperagus and mushrooms.
pretty fun art work and the weirdest on-line game. Sashimi cart racing! Avoid the evil squid and being eaten!
2004-03-04 02:31 am (UTC)
Awww, you and Ferrett both. :(
1. Can't say I see too many films, so I'll give that one a miss.
2. Books... What have I read recently? Dune (Herbert) is a classic, and worth a read (or reread). The Tao Te Ching (Lao Tzu) makes a bizarre kind of sense when you're in a medically altered state. Lolita (Nabokov) is creepy and infuriating, but gloriously well-written and infintely ponderable.
3. For sheer balls-to-the-wall rawk, you can't go past Monster Magnet. Sigur Ros, another good one if you're drugged up to the eyeballs. Australian blues guitarist Geoff Achison for awesomely exciting accoustic virtuosity.
4. Not really sure what you're looking for, hence dunno.
5. Chicken noodle soup, of course! With lots of garlic, ginger and chili.
6. I must have been asleep for 1999 because I missed http://www.emotioneric.com
. Good for a laugh.
2004-03-04 02:41 am (UTC)
then put this in your journal.
well, almost one outta two is about 50% or less,...0.o
1. a movie -- Dirty Pretty Things
2. a book -- Cause Celeb
by Helen Fielding
3. a musical artist, song, or album -- Jump, Little Children
4. a LiveJournal user not on my friends list -- ohkatiebland
5. what I should have for dinner -- quesidillas
6. a website -- Red Meat
2004-03-04 04:05 am (UTC)
1 - Airplane!
2 - Battle Royale
3 - (Doing all the CAUSE I CAN :P) Artist - Lolita (Yeah, sounds bad, but a REALLY good singer, and great songs)
Song - Let's Go To the Show ~K2 The Auto Messe by Dave Rogers
Album - Super Eurobeat presents Euromach the Final - Disc 1
4 - This is where I usually put ferret... duonekophile
- A Gundam Wing RP journal, but you really need to read duoneko
too to understand.
5 - Turkey sandwich with lettuce and ceasar salad dressing.
6 - a href="http://omoshiroku.keenspace.com
">Omoshiroku</a> - A webcomic that parodies anime. I'm play Bish in the radio play version.
2004-03-04 05:15 am (UTC)
Heard that you were feeling ill...headache, fever, and a chill... (can you guess that movie?)
1. Movie: Celebrity - Woody Allen movie, except Kenneth Branaugh is playing Woody Allen. Lots of celebrities behaving badly.
2. Book: Shogun - my boyfriend made me read it (in exchange for his reading Jane Eyre), and I actually liked it after the first 100 pages of culture shock. Maybe you saw the huge (and in my opinion, terrible..although my dad said it was "the thing" back in the 70s) miniseries based on the book. Well, the book is WAY better than that.
3. Artist: Jane Monheit- one of the fewish jazz sopranos..very sweet voice and a nice nice album - Walk in the Sun, or something similar.
4. I get all my random stranger ljs from you and TheFerrett!
5. When I'm sick, I head straight for the wanton soup (it's a little late for dinner though) - it scalds the sinuses and clears them out, satisfies your teeth's desire to chew things, but doesn't actually let your stomach know you ate anything
6. Website: Quizilla? Ferret (ha. ha.) out some new quizzes to start shooting around the internet...
1. a movie - Practical Magic
2. a book - Galileo's Daughter by Dana Sobel
3. a musical artist, song, or album - Sting, Sacred Love
4. a LiveJournal user not on my friends list - bronxelf_ag001 - she will make you laugh AND think. Kinda like Ferrett, but maybe a little angrier.
5. what I should have for dinner - mushroom stroganoff
6. a website - www.pinstruck.com
1. a movie - The Unforgiven
, Ray Milland
2. a book - Guns of August
, Barbara Tuchman
3. a musical artist, song, or album - "O Sister 2: A Woman's Bluegrass Collection"
4. a LiveJournal user not on my friends list - davehogg
5. what I should have for dinner - Delmonico steak, panfried in butter and garlic with a simple red wine pan sauce
6. a website - kitsuneyama.com