In reference to your recent FB update, you may also be getting cold after riding because your body is still trying to heat you+60 instead of you and is confused.
That's a good point. I used to be very much overheated when I got back from a lot of exercise, so my body may be dumping heat in an attempt to compensate for something that isn't there anymore. Hmm.
I love this. The people I know who successful at "dieting" right now have really just changed eating habits and gone for healthier options. I think that's the way to go and I'm starting, slowly to do so for myself.
I haven't been reading that long but I am proud of your progress and goals - I know you can do it!! And I will likely be contributing later this week (Friday is payday ;)
Focusing on healthier options is really helpful. Nothing is forbidden, so there is no temptation based on "I can never have that." Instead, it's all, "Is that what I really want to put in my body?"
And thanks twice over!
1) I love the fact that you started your self-care campaign on Talk Like a Pirate Day.
2) Sex is a great motivator, isn't it?
3) Don't be discouraged by that 95% statistic. Like quitting smoking, the fact that you didn't succeed last time doesn't mean you're less likely to succeed next time. After countless failed attempts, I'm coming up to my 7-year mark, and have kept off 30-ish of the 40-ish pounds I lost using much the same system you are.
1) Also, our wedding anniversary.
2) Oh, yes!
3) Congratulations! I am encouraged by your success!
1) I'm not speaking for you, but those of us who have poor memories find it quite handy to have anniversaries fall on a minor holiday.
2) Yes, yes.
3) Thanks. I'm always a bit leery of mentioning that, because a) not to jinx myself, and b) don't want to come off as being superior and having The Answer(TM). This is just what worked for me, this time, to this extent.
I'm also slightly embarrassed, since after countless failed attempts what actually worked was fear: My doctor gave me a sample of Lipitor, and that finally scared me into actually changing my diet (and also kept me, at least so far, from having to take the drugs).
Such an awesome, inspirational post!!!
Thank you. I'm glad it inspired.
I'm impressed. Really impressed. I'm trying to figure out how to get more good/kinky sex in my life since my favorite source ever is no longer available to me. I could use the motivation.
Thanks! And I wish you good sex!
Congrats on getting healthier! It means you'll be around longer for Ferrett and the kids.
OTOH, I have noticed that as I've been in better health, it has improved my sex life as well. It *does* make a big difference.
2012-05-25 12:58 am (UTC)
We are in this together.
If I knew why it failed, I wouldn't have failed.
Part of it was studying for the bar exam. Instead of maintaining good habits and working out, I sat at my desk and gobbled snacks while studying and studying and studying. After that, it just all sort of fell apart.
Part of it was that when I got down to almost 200 pounds, I freaked out. I don't know why, and this time I am aware of that possibility and intend to keep writing through it and talking to people through it instead of running away in terror. Also, I expect it will be near Christmas time before I'm anywhere close to that weight, as I'm doing this very slowly, so I'm hoping I will adjust this time.
I've heard about it but not read it. I'll have to find a copy.
This is an awesome post; I'm very much encouraged to get back on my own bike.
I love the bike! It's my favorite form of exercise.
I love it when hard work pays off! Go you!